Friday, May 9, 2008

True love

I still remember the day we met lately
on that darkest eve at that seashore
The sea was silent yet eloquent
as your eyes always were.
The moment was sweetest
as you held my hands in yours
There we stood,lost in each other...........
Then,with a resssuring smile-
you left a rose in my hands
Damned sure that I would preserve it!
There I stood,lost in thoughts........................
Then hearing your footsteps away
I was late in knowing that you were far beyond me!
The rose slipped off my hands ....over the waters beneath my feet.....
Until then I carried you-as a woeful thought.....as a silent tear.
And now, I am here again .......all alone
The sea is still silent
for my thoughts always were...................
searching for your footmarks once you left behind and
Waiting for that lost rose to return back.
For I have read somewhere,sometime-
"True love is like a rose you cast upon the sea
Bobbing this way and that.
And if this true love is meant to be yours,
It will float back to you-as you stand by the seashore!!!!!!!!!!!! "

2 comments:

Shanki said...

One of the best one of your works I will say......... I really enjoyed reading it again and again........

Unknown said...

fine.... keep it up!!!!!!!!


shujay